All students are expected to comply with the District dress code (BP 5132 & AR 5132). The dress code can also be found in the Student/Parent Handbook. Students are subject to disciplinary action for any violation of this code:
- Shirts and dresses must have fabric that covers the front, back, and sides.
- Clothing fabric must cover all private body parts and/or undergarments and must not be transparent (see-through).
- Clothing may not cover a student’s face to the extent that the student is not identifiable (except clothing worn for religious or medical purposes).
- Gang related apparel is strictly prohibited at school or during school activities.
- Footwear shall be worn while on school grounds. Footwear must be both safe and non-destructive to school property.
- Any clothing, jewelry or personal items that contain pictures and/or writing referring to:
- alcohol, tobacco products, nicotine, sexual references, nudity, profanity, obscenity, unlawful use of weapons, and/or controlled or illegal drugs.
- hate speech or targeting groups
- the threat in the health or safety of any other student or staff member.
- Headwear must allow the ears and face to be visible and not interfere with the line of sight to any student or staff.
- Students may wear headwear for religious or medical reasons.
Student will remain in Student Support Services Office until appropriate clothing has been substituted.